There's a good variety of blogs participating so take notes, cuz there's a quiz at the end.
Kidding, just kidding! No quiz. Although it was a tempting thought. :D
Some (hopefully) Fun Facts About Myself and the Blog
1. I've had some books for 20-30 years; others were my mothers and are 40 or more years old.
2. I love to read but don't enjoy writing. My mother (an English teacher) wanted me to be a writer. Sorry mom. Do you suppose writing the blog counts?
3. I'm a procrastinator, which combined with my dislike of writing, often means I'm writing posts at the last minute. I'm trying to do better but I was working on this at the last minute, trying to come up with something interesting to say about myself or the blog. I do have some posts written and scheduled through August but only a handful.
4. I had NO IDEA how much there is to maintaining a blog and doing reviews. I was so clueless when I started. Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss. I might never have begun this adventure otherwise.
5. You wouldn't know it from reading the blog but I love watching HGTV. I am so unskilled and uncreative that I love watching other people improve their houses. Also, I often yell at the buyers on those house hunting shows. I get so annoyed with how picky and spoiled so many of them are. I want to give them Gibbs smacks.
6. Almost 4 years in (4 in September), I still get excited when I get a review request. It constantly blows my mind that someone actually wants ME to read and review their book. How the heck did that happen?
7. I have 10 bookcases in a 4 room condo: 4 in the living room, 1 in the office/store room, 1 in the kitchen, and 4 in the bedroom. Plus I keep a couple books in the bathroom and my comic books are stored in about a half dozen boxes in the walk-in closet. Then there are the stacks of books scattered around the living room and bedroom. And then are my three ereaders: my Kindle Paperwhite, my Kindle Fire, and my Nook Touch. Oh and my cell phone. I might be a book hoarder. :D
8. When it comes to romance, I read everything from clean and inspirational to so hot and graphic the book should be on fire.
9. Bea is a nickname, derived from my habit of signing notes, letters, etc. with my first initial of B. Other nicknames include Queen Bea, Scotty, Tickle Monster, and Breege. I share my given name with a goddess and a saint. :)
10. While I usually try to mind my manners in my reviews, I can be incredibly snarky and sarcastic in pretty much all other areas of my life. Those of you who have me on facebook and twitter have gotten to see that side of me. What? I said that I was named for a saint, not that I behaved like one. :D
Hmm, we're also supposed to share about our favorite book, genre, or author. I hate having to pick just one. So I didn't. :D
Fave book - The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs, Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong, A Dance Through Time by Lynn Kurland, and Playing the Jack by Mary Brown are a few enduring favorites.
Fave genre - mysteries and urban fantasy/mythology/fairy tales. I grew up reading myths and fairy tales and the occasional sci fi. Then in college a friend said I needed to try a new genre, urban fantasy, and loaned me some Charles de Lint books. I've been hooked ever since. My parents were mystery readers and my brother is too so I come by that one naturally; growing up, I loved the Hardy Boys and The Three Investigators.
Fave authors - Kelley Armstrong! Patricia Briggs! Lynn Kurland, Dick Francis, Donna Andrews, JD Robb, early Sharyn McCrumb, Marguerite Henry, and Sandra Boynton spring to mind. :)
Thanks for visiting, please put your empty glass in the sink, and come back any time. :)
The Grand Prize -